Are massage therapists happy with their profession? What are their employment opportunities? What job conditions matter most to them? Is there anything the industry needs to improve?
Here are a few key takeaways from the study:
Summary of Findings
- Overall, 88% of surveyed massage therapists are "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with their careers.
- 99% of massage therapists believe their work has a positive impact on their clients.
- Upon earning a massage license, 62% of therapists land a job in the field in less than 1 month, while 22% report earning a job at the 1 month mark.
- 78% of therapists "strongly agree" or "agree" that their massage therapy training program prepared them for a career in the field.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 massage therapists have experienced unwanted sexual advances from clients.
Graphic courtesy of massagetablesnow.com
Read the full REPORT HERE