Massage therapists have a unique opportunity to participate in a major sporting event and provide their service to athletes. Certification candidates may use this event to earn hours toward CSMTA Certification, according to the CSMTA.
“This is a great opportunity to make contacts as well as the chance to get new clients to your clinic,” the CSMTA said.
Along with getting a high-five from PACHI the Games mascot, volunteers will receive:
• A sneak peek of the Pan Am Games Opening Ceremony created by Cirque du Soleil.
• Access to exclusive TORONTO 2015 promotions and events.
• A discount on TORONTO 2015 merchandise.
• Games-time access to public transit with accreditation.
• Meals and refreshments during shifts.
• The opportunity to receive a volunteer certificate. (It will look great on your wall!)
• Invaluable volunteer hours and work experience.
• The chance to meet international athletes, officials and sport association leaders.
• Comprehensive training to ensure you’re well prepared and confident on day one.
• The opportunity to network, make lifelong friends and try your hand at something new.
• The chance to have fun and be at the heart of the hottest event in 2015.
• And if that’s not enough, you’ll also receive a snazzy uniform.
The Toronto Pan-Am Games will be held July 10 to 26, 2015 and the Parapan Am Games will take place August 7 to 15, 2015.
For more information about volunteering, visit: http://www.toronto2015.org/volunteer
RMT volunteers needed for Toronto PanAm Games
The Canadian Sport Massage Therapists Association (CSMTA) is urging massage therapy professionals to consider volunteering for the upcoming Toronto 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games. Organizers of the sporting event are looking to fill more than 23,000 volunteer spots.
Are RMTs disproportionately vulnerable to allegations of sexual misconduct?The media is steadily drawing increased attention to the misconduct…
Visceral massage: The mind gut interaction and the role of the massage therapistVisceral massage is a massage therapy that focuses on a…
‘Maximal’ running shoes may increase injury risk to some runnersBEND, Ore. – Lower leg pain and injuries have long…
Expecting a stressful day may lower cognitive abilities throughout the dayUNIVERSITY PARK, PA—There may be some truth to the saying…
American Massage Therapy Association 2018 National Convention
August 9-11, 2018
Cupping Therapy Course & Training
September 16, 2018
INCAM Research Symposium
November 9-10, 2018
5th International Fascia Research Congress
November 14-15, 2018