RMT volunteers needed for Toronto PanAm Games
The Canadian Sport Massage Therapists Association (CSMTA) is urging massage therapy professionals to consider volunteering for the upcoming Toronto 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
Organizers of the sporting event are looking to fill more than 23,000 volunteer spots.
December 16, 2014 By Massage Therapy Canada staff
Massage therapists have a unique opportunity to participate in a major
sporting event and provide their service to athletes. Certification
candidates may use this event to earn hours toward CSMTA Certification,
according to the CSMTA.
“This is a great opportunity to make contacts as well as the chance to get new clients to your clinic,” the CSMTA said.
Along with getting a high-five from PACHI the Games mascot, volunteers will receive:
• A sneak peek of the Pan Am Games Opening Ceremony created by Cirque du Soleil.
• Access to exclusive TORONTO 2015 promotions and events.
• A discount on TORONTO 2015 merchandise.
• Games-time access to public transit with accreditation.
• Meals and refreshments during shifts.
• The opportunity to receive a volunteer certificate. (It will look great on your wall!)
• Invaluable volunteer hours and work experience.
• The chance to meet international athletes, officials and sport association leaders.
• Comprehensive training to ensure you’re well prepared and confident on day one.
• The opportunity to network, make lifelong friends and try your hand at something new.
• The chance to have fun and be at the heart of the hottest event in 2015.
• And if that’s not enough, you’ll also receive a snazzy uniform.
The Toronto Pan-Am Games will be held July 10 to 26, 2015 and the Parapan Am Games will take place August 7 to 15, 2015.
For more information about volunteering, visit: http://www.toronto2015.org/volunteer
Print this page
- Access to palliative care needed for all those nearing end of life, says report
- CSA Group to offer testing, certification for home health-care equipment