Study: Career satisfaction insights from 1,200 massage therapists
Massagetablesnow.com has surveyed nearly 1,200 licensed massage therapists to learn about their career satisfaction. Numerous research studies have examined massage from a clinical perspective; however, few have analyzed the viewpoint of massage therapists.
December 11, 2018 By massagetablesnow.com
Are massage therapists happy with their profession? What are their employment opportunities? What job conditions matter most to them? Is there anything the industry needs to improve?
Here are a few key takeaways from the study:
Summary of Findings
- Overall, 88% of surveyed massage therapists are “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with their careers.
- 99% of massage therapists believe their work has a positive impact on their clients.
- Upon earning a massage license, 62% of therapists land a job in the field in less than 1 month, while 22% report earning a job at the 1 month mark.
- 78% of therapists “strongly agree” or “agree” that their massage therapy training program prepared them for a career in the field.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 massage therapists have experienced unwanted sexual advances from clients.
Graphic courtesy of massagetablesnow.com
Read the full REPORT HERE
Print this page