Call for presenters for massage therapy education congress
The Alliance for Massage Therapy Education (AFMTE) is extending its presenters' deadline until August 17 2016 for its Biennial Educational Congress.
August 16, 2016 By Massage Therapy Canada staff
The education conference will take place over five days at the end of July 2017 in Tucson, Arizona. In addition to the pre- and post-conference events, the exhibit hall, keynote and general and breakout sessions are scheduled for July 27, 28 and 29. The 2017 theme is “Elevating Standards of Excellence.”
Congress organizers are seeking the following presenters:
– two-hour and three-hour presenters
Presentation Topic Ideas:
– General Interest: Inspirational teaching techniques; technology; developing synchronous and asynchronous classes
– Teacher Training: Classroom teaching skills, classroom management, curriculum design, improving student participation
– School Issues: Giving great tours; making special needs adaptations; financial management; financial aid; recruiting and retaining employees; increasing enrollment
– CE Provider Issues: marketing, creating online courses
The idea of a Congress was originally inspired by members of the massage therapy and bodywork education community, aiming to have one event where representatives from every organization connected with massage therapy and bodywork education could gather to share, collaborate and discuss the critical issues affecting the massage therapy industry, exchange information, enhance teaching skills, and network.
The first Educational Congress in 2015 set a record for the best-attended massage and bodywork educators’ event in history, the AFMTE said.
The AFMTE Conference Planning Committee is accepting presenter applications for consideration. Visit AFMTE website for information, application and instructions for presenting at the Educational Congress.
Registration will be announced soon.
Print this page